Orange County is committed to supporting the area’s economic development goals. To this end, there has been participation in local, state and federal incentives policies by the Orange County Economic Development Authority and the Orange County Board of Supervisors for many years. Our goal is for the incentives we provide to make good economic sense for both the citizens of Orange County and the businesses located in Orange, existing and new. The primary considerations for incentives are the intrinsic value of the project to the industrial/business base in Orange County, number of employees, average annual wages, total annual payroll, and amount of investment.
If you are considering an expansion or new location in Orange County, please contact the Office of Economic Development at 540-672-1238 to learn more.
2016 Economic Development Incentive Policy
- Real Estate Improvement Tax Grant
- Manufactures Machinery & Tool's Tax Grant
- Service Industry Business Personal Property Tax Grant
- Fast-Track Plan Review & Permit Fee Waivers
- Discounted Pricing on County Owned Land
- Encourage Diversified Retail
- Advance Start-ups
- Temporary Office Space
- Red Carpet Roll Out
- Real Estate Development Cost Grant
- Significant Investment Incentive
Download the full 2016 Economic Development Incentive Policy. To apply for any of the Economic Development Incentives listed above, please fill out the Economic Development Incentive application and mail to the Office of Economic Development, P.O. Box 111, Orange, VA 22960 or email email@example.com.
Commonwealth’s Opportunity Fund and Other State Incentives
- Commonwealth’s Opportunity Fund (COF)
- Virginia Investment Partnership Act
- The Virginia Economic Development Incentive Grant (VEDIG)
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP)
- Economic Development Access Program
- Rail Industrial Access Program
- Transportation Partnership Opportunity Fund
- Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (VSBFA)
For printable guidelines, instructions, and applications of available state incentives mentioned below and others, please visit Virginia Economic Development Partnership.